It’s been an interesting week this past week. All sorts of emotions have been going through my mind. Since we got the key to our new home, I’ve been happy. I also have been experiencing intense sadness, anger and anxiety because of some unclarity as to how I’m going to prepare for living with my husband in our new home.
It was also of course Thanksgiving in the United States last Thursday. In the Netherlands, Psychologie Magazine declared the day “gratitude day”. Of course, we will never emulate the U.S. tradition, but the attitude of gratitude is great. For this reason, I am going to make a general gratitude list. Not one specific to this week, but I’m aiming for 20 things I’m grateful for in life in general.
- My marriage.
- My family. My parents are still in good health and my favorite grandma is still alive.
- My online friends. I don’t have any real-life friends, though I get to meet my online friends in real life on occasion.
- Adaptive technology.
- The Internet.
- The Dutch health care system. It’s a bit broken but not as broken as other countries’ health care systems.
- My relatively good physical health. I do have some chronic ailments but they are rather mild and don’t impair my daily life as much.
- My relative mental wellness. It’s worse than my physical wellness but it’s still okay.
- Psychiatric medication.
- Day activities.
- Social security.
- My financial situation.
- My education, though it was hard.
- My husband’s and my new home.
- My staff.
- More than enough food.
- Soothing scents and sounds.
- The weather, which is relatively mild most of the time here.
- The fact that I’alive.
I could probaby think of some more, but I’m too lazy to challenge myself. Which of these things are you most grateful for? Or do you have any others?