Like I said on Tuesday, I returned from my parents’ having caught a cold. My irritable bowel syndrome is also out of control rihgt now and I’m very tired. We had to cancel my sleeping over at my husband’s this week-end because he too caught a cold. That being said, there’s still a lot to be grateful about. Time for another gratitude list!
- This one is cheating a bit, as it’s about last week. I had a good stay at my parents’ last week-end. On Saturday, we went to an album presentation and on Sunday, we went to a performance by a poet and a singer-songwriter.
- The journey home by train on Monday was uneventful. I actually was on time to catch my train at Zwolle, where you only have about six minutes to transfer and the station is undergoing reconstruction. The railway service personnel were great.
- I did an okay job at the gym on Tuesday. I actually learned some new exercises on a balancing ball. I still need to blow up my own balancing ball so that I can do the exercises while not at the gym.
- I bought some deliciously-smelling coconut shampoo at the town store on Wednesday. My husband says the smell doesn’t last as long as that of the sunflower shampoo I bought at the supermarket a while back, but oh, it’s so gorgeous! I am now looking to buy some coconut-scented shower gel too.
- Speaking of scents, the vanilla scent I put in my AromaStream® a few weeks ago still lasts. I have had my AromaStream® on almost everyday this week.
- I found out about the book Suffering the Silence by Allie Cashel in a woman’s magazine that I read on Friday. Decided to buy the book and am totally sucked in. It’s not a light read (the book is about chronic Lyme disease) but it’s fascinating. I will post a review once I finish the book.
- So far, I’m liking the fall/winter menu at the institution somewhat. There are still meals I don’t like, but I enjoyed the couscous and noodles we had earlier this week. Nobody else liked the couscous, so I fear it will be off the menu soon.
- It was my and my husband’s fourth wedding anniversary yesterday. I liked all the E-mails and messages I received acknowledging it.
- Though I am not a big fan of chocolate, I liked the creamy chocolate my husband gave me for our anniversary. Its taste went well together with the vanilla scent I mentioned above.
- My husband and I went to Domino’s, a pizza place not too far from our apartment, to order takeout. I had a delicious but very spicey chicken pizza. My husband had a slice and found it extremely spicey, so spicey that I won’t repeat the cuss words he used to describe it. 😉 While I did notice there was some spiciness to it, I found it mostly delicious. We also ordered a box of chicken wings and other deliciousness. Can you tell by now I’m a huge fan of chicken?
- I have been looking at various online drug stores, originally for the coconut-scented shower gel I mentioned, but I’ve been oohing and aahing at all the goodies they have on offer. I think I’m going to treat myself to a nice facial someday soon. I tried some facial masks at day activities a while back when someone visited there to help us with makeup and such. The experience was weird but good. I’ve also been reading a lot of goodness about facials on beauty blogs and so want to try it for myself.
- Speaking of beauty products, I’ve been trying to apply the lipgloss my sister gave me for my birthday. It smells great. I am not yet good at applying it, but will ask one of the nurses to help me someday soon.
What have you been grateful for this week?