This week’s Tuesday Ten is all about friendship, in honor of National Friendship Day. Lisa of The Golden Spoons explains the origins of National Friendship Day. Like most holidays, it’s higly commercialized. Unlike others, it actually originated as a commercial celebration, having been invented by Hallmark. It’s apparently formally recognized by the United Nations now.
Like Lisa, I am quite introverted. I don’t have anyy good friends, unless you count my husband. My problems with friendship usually come down to reciprocity, or the lack thereof. I either share too little, ask too little about the other person, or I pour my heart out too soon.
Consequently, I, too, will have my husband as my best friend. It’s not that he doesn’t have to put up with my lack of reciprocal interaction, but apparently, he loves me anyway. Here are ten things I love about him.
- He is patient. He kept coming to the locked psychiatric unit when I was there and we weren’t officially in a relationship yet. He patiently waited for me to answer that I loved him too.
- He is funny. Usually. Sometimes though, his politically incorrect jokes drive me batty.
- When he’s determined to do something, he goes for it. He’s sometimes frustrated when I give up too quickly in his opinion.
- He plays and dances with me when one of my inner children is out.
- He handles my mentally ill moments really well.
- He is usually honest but gentle.
- He has a lot of knowledge and is a great debater.
- He helps me out when it’s noisy or I can’t communicate clearly for another reason.
- He loves me in spite of all my quirks.
- He can usually fix my computer. 😉